ARCHAEOLOGICAL CAMPUS - Weekend activities
Get closer to Egypt and Archaeology with your friends: during the weekend, you can take part in the excavation of an Egyptian site belonging to the dawn of this civilization or to the times of Ramses the Second. The sites are exact recreations of the original ones: they have mummies, ceramic objects and many surprises.
Become a real archaeologist and discover the tomb of Sennedyem, where you can get to know the world of the Egyptians through their images and hieroglyphs.
Activities are organized according to the age of those taking part.
DISCOVERING THE WORLD OF ARCHAEOLOGY.
Adults and children ( 10-year old and over)
- 10:00 to 13:15 hours: archaeological excavation under the supervision of an archaeologist who will explain the whole process and will direct the investigation of the items found in the site.
- 13:15 to 14:00 hours: Discovery of the tomb of Sennedyem, that will throw much light on the beliefs of ancient Egyptians.
THE SECRETS OF ANCIENT EGYPTIANS.
5-9 year old children
- 10:00 to 11:00 hours: Lets create a mummy. The process of mummification is explained as in a tale.
- 11:00 to 11:45 hours: Visit to the tomb of Sennedyen, where children will learn about Egyptian deities through colours and forms.
- 11:45 to 12:45 hours: Study of hieroglyphs. Children learn to draw and recognize some of the hieroglyphs.
- 12:45 to 14 hours: Treasure Hunting. This is a game to put into practise all the things learned during the morning in a fun and didactic way.
Opening Hours: On Saturdays and Sundays between 10:00 and 14:00 hours.
Discovering the world of archaeology:
- 19,00 € per person
- 17,00 € per person if they belong to the same family
- 10,00 € per person for one visit only
The secrets of the Egyptians:
- 17,00 € per person
Groups: Minimum 15 people. Bookings must be done 20 days in advance.
Director of activities: Mrs. Pilar Casals.
B.A in History (Specialized in Ancient History and Archaeology).